Friday 21 October 2022

001 - Tyson E. Franklin Explains The Podiatry Legends Podcast


I know the title of this podcast podiatry legends is a bit odd, but if you look at the word LEGEND, it means an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field or profession.

So I don’t think I have any notorious podiatrists lined up as guests, but I do believe I have a group of podiatry guests that are already doing great things in our profession or will be shining lights in the not too distant future.

Goal Of The Podcast

So that is the goal of this podcast. I want to shed light all the great things happening in our profession, who is doing them and expose to you some of the fantastic career paths some podiatrists have taken, all over the world, which is why 100% of my guests are qualified Podiatrist.

If you’re a podiatry student, or recent graduate and you’re wondering what the podiatry profession has to offer long-term, there is a lot if you want to open your eyes and your minds.

If you’ve been in the podiatry profession for some time and your feeling tired, tuning in each week and listening to some of the fantastic stories may be the spark and motivation you need to pivot from your current path and take a different trajectory.

What's Coming Up On Future Episodes

On the next three episodes, you will hear from Tony Gavin based in the United Kingdom, Peter Wishnie from the United States and Simon Bartold from Australia.

Each podiatry guest was selected because I believe they have a unique story to share and have done or are currently doing amazing things in our profession.

Openly Sharing Important Information 

One key trait I have noticed with all my guests so far is they are the type of podiatrists that love sharing what they have learnt. They don’t want to keep what they’ve discovered to themselves.

Openly sharing their knowledge is why I referred to them as podiatry legends because that’s the sort of things legends do even though every guest so far has been quick to point out that they do not feel like legends. However, that’s what a legend would say.

This Is Not A Technical Podcast

I think it’s important to note this is not a technical podiatry podcast. This podcast is about sharing successful stories, ideas, career paths and upcoming worthwhile events, and along the way, we have a few laughs.

Now I’m sure there are plenty of podiatrists who have no idea who I am or where I’m from, so I’m going to give you a brief rundown of where I fit in the profession and if you want to learn more go to my website tysonfranklin.com.

Podiatry Scope Is Vast

As a profession, I think podiatry offers so much scope, more so than most, and hopefully, after listening to a few of my legendary guests, you’ll be inspired to do more yourself, or at least start considering it.

They say the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, so if you’re not 100% happy with what you’re doing every day; you have the power to change it.

It’s not up to anyone else; it’s up to you. It’s just a decision.

If you have any questions about this podcast or future podcasts, please send me an email at tf@tysonfranklin.com

At the end of each episode, I also plan to have the contact details of each of guest and details of any upcoming workshops and events.

Also, if you know of any podiatrists doing amazing things in our profession, please steer them my way and have them email me directly.  

And finally, I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, which is where I’ll be posting each episode and information about upcoming workshops and events being run by myself and my guest.


Check out the latest podcast episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment