Thursday 30 September 2021

173 - Dr Misty McNeill When to Start, When to Sell


When is the right time to transition from an employee to a business owner? And more importantly, when is it the right time to sell?

It's going to be different for everyone, and my guest, Dr Misty McNeill from Prairie Path Foot & Ankle Clinic in Elmhurst, Illinois, shares her unique story of transitioning through these three stages and what she learnt along the way.

In this episode, we discuss:

  • Her big WHY.
  • With business ownership, there are tradeoffs.
  • The enormous long-term benefits of spending less than you make. 
  • Debt creates pressure, and pressure can make you do things that don't align with your values. Do not become a slave to debt.
  • Creating a flexible work environment.
  • Attracting podiatrists looking for the same lifestyle. 
  • WHY did she sell and choose to become an employee again?

"I became an owner so I could have time for myself, but now I want not to be the owner so I can have time for myself."

Final Tip:

Live within your means, and be clear about what serves you. If it's not a definite YES, then it's a NO. 

If you have any questions about this episode, one-on-one business coaching, please email me at tf@tysonfranklin.comand we can arrange a quick ZOOM call to see if we're a good fit. 

Youtube

Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, Tyson E Franklin - Podiatry Business Coach, and click on the bell icon to inform you whenever a new video is uploaded. 

Competitive Advantage

If you're looking for a competitive advantage over other podiatrists in your area, please visit my EVENTS PAGE, and consider joining the Podiatry Business Owners Club on Facebook. 

12-Week Podiatry Business Reboot

To learn more about the next group coaching program, please visit https://www.tysonfranklin.com/Coaching/REBOOT.


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment