Tuesday 21 April 2020

Don't Be Like Joe Exotic (Tiger King) in Business





Unless you've been living under a rock you would have to have seen the latest docuseries on Netflix, Tiger King, with Joe Exotic. After finishing the series I thought there was a major business lesson to be learnt that was worth sharing.

In sport, we're told not to take our eyes off the ball and there is a good reason for this, you'll drop the ball. In business, it's no different, you must stay focused on what is important and not get distracted.

Joe Exotic was a very interesting character, and he stuffed up big time. Instead of focusing on his own zoo, he focused his attention and hatred towards an animal activist Carole Baskin.

It was this unhealthy obsession that cost him everything and to be honest I've seen podiatrist do this as well.

In Cairns, I had a similar experience with a podiatry competitor who spent far too much time on me and not enough on his own business. In the end, I prospered and he did not. (Watch the video and it will make a lot more sense).

Any questions, please email me at tf@tysonfranklin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment