Thursday 8 August 2019

033 - Mike Luker Business Rebranding Lessons


Mike Luker graduated from Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales, and after initially working in Indonesia he moved to Australia. He is now based on the Gold Coast, Queensland and is the co-owner of Ace Health Centre

On this episode, we discuss why and how Mike took over a local Physiotherapy clinic, added podiatry as a service and rebranded it as Ace Health Centre. 

We also discuss:

  • Why there's no business security if you do not have a lease
  • Leasing premises is riskier, but there's also security
  • Lessons learnt taking over an existing practice, and pitfalls to avoid - Don't rebrand too early 
  • The importance of reconnecting with old patients and getting them back in the door
  • Internal marketing is cheaper than external marketing
  • The benefits of using a graphics design team and why you need to be communicating with them regularly
  • Why you should work towards creating three streams of income
  • Launching his product line through Ace Healthcare 
    • INVISIBLE GEL INSOLES
    • 30% UREA COCONUT MOISTURISER 
  • The benefits of adding retail as an income stream and how it quickly adds people to your database. 

Final Tip

Take risks and don't be scared of sticky situations. Ask yourself, 'what's the worst that can happen'? 

If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please email me at tf@tysonfranklin.com, or you can connect with Mike Luker at Ace Health Centre.

If you enjoyed this episode you might also enjoy:

003 - Dr Peter Wishnie Goals & Practice Management 

One-On-One Coaching & Mentoring

The fastest and most efficient way to grow your podiatry business is by using a business coach or mentor. There are many coaching programs currently available, but in my opinion, most are beige and non-specific. Please email me and let's see where I can you.  

Subscribe To My Newsletter

If you'd like to be kept up to date with my speaking engagements, EVENTS and other activities, please sign up to my NEWSLETTER. I promise not to spam you with daily emails telling you how awesome I am. 

If you'd like more marketing and management tips for your podiatry business check out my other podcast; It's No Secret with Dr T.

Order My Book

It's No Secret There's Money In Podiatry. In Australia, you can order directly from my website, but if you live overseas, I would suggest Amazon or the Book Depository

Podiatry Legends Facebook Page

I have set up a Podiatry Legends Facebook page, where I will be posting additional small business tips and information regarding podiatry events around the world. Check it out: Podiatry Legends Facebook Page

Subscribe To Podiatry Legends

If you enjoyed listening to this Podcast, please SUBSCRIBE and tell all your podiatry friends.

If you enjoy it a lot, it will put a HUGE smile on my face if you left a REVIEW on iTunes, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts. 


Check out this episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment